Knitting is easier than you think! It can be an enjoyable hobby or can lead to a profitable side business. This knitting guide breaks the learning curve down into easy and manageable bite size portions.
What you can Expect to Learn:
- How to select the right yarn
- How to read knitting directions (abbreviations explained)
- How to properly "gauge" your work
- Differences between "knit" stitches and "purl" stitches
- Five essential "rules of thumb" when knitting
- Examples (with images) of the "garter stitch" "seed stitch" "stockinet stitch" and "rib stitch"
- Step-by-step instructions (with images) for getting started with knitting
- Six easy patterns to complete a project (shawls, scarves, etc..)
This learn to knit guide is intended to take the novice knitter from the first few steps all the way to the intermediate stage. With the knowledge gained from this guide, you should be able to go out and follow most patterns with ease. Learning is quick and easy and to the point.